Author Topic: VT Run Question  (Read 1175 times)

arne

VT Run Question
« on: July 03, 2020, 10:39:01 AM »
The Exhibitor's Handbook says - "VT runs are a replacement for competitors who cannot make it to trials, not a supplement for those also trialing.".  Is the intent of that statement covered by what's stated further down -- "VT runs cannot be submitted if there is a trial within 150 miles 5 days before AND 5 days after a VT submitted run."

Our area has trials about once per month. They will be starting up again soon at least for now.  I am trying to determine if I can still do VT runs in between the trials as long as I adhere to the 5 day rule.  I am asking for both now during the Covid-19 period and for later.

Thanks
Arne Lindberg

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
Re: VT Run Question
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 11:15:59 AM »
Standard rule: yes; video tape runs are fine even when you attend (Or, there just is) a regular trials as long as you adhere to the 150mile radius and 5 day before trial start and 5 day after it finishes rule.

Covid rule no idea, i was operating under that rule still.

Basically, they aren't to outshine attending a full trial. Support your local club n all that!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 11:18:30 AM by Edraith »
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Owner/Trainer GotDog? LLC
    • GotDog? LLC
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 12:20:49 PM »
Right now those regs are lifted.  Even if there is trials in the area you can still submit.

Jeannie
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com

arne

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 12:28:14 PM »
Thank you

Lindsey Cooper

• Trial Secretary
    • Mountain Dog Sports
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 08:51:42 AM »
This was discussed over on the VT part of the forum a little bit ago: http://www.nadac.com/forum/index.php?topic=8982.0

Lindsey