Author Topic: Electronic Timer Rental  (Read 517 times)

Jeannie Biggers

• Judge
  • Enjoy the ride while it lasts!
    • GotDog? LLC
Electronic Timer Rental
« on: September 05, 2012, 11:38:43 AM »
Does anyone out there rent their electronic timers out to other clubs or clubs rent from someone?  I just bought timers (full curtain) and was wondering what would be fair to charge if other clubs want to use them?  Thanks for any input!!!
Jeannie Biggers
GotDog? LLC
www.gotdogllc.com
Bozeman, MT

David Tharle

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Re: Electronic Timer Rental
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 09:33:09 PM »
We rent from another club for our full weekend (Fri night, Sat & Sun) trial. $200 for the weekend. We supply our own batteries and take "FULL" responsibility for any damage.  No shipping and originally a member of their club had to bring them to and take them home from the trial.  Now I can pick them up before hand and store them afterwards until its convenient for both parties to return them.

I hear another group which runs in different Association is charging $250 for a weekend (they don't have any Friday night runs).

David Tharle
PAWSitive Dog Sports Association
Cold Lake, AB
Dave Tharle
Ardmore, AB

Shirlene Clark

• Judge
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 03:08:32 AM »
*lol* I have decided I am just too cheap !  Here in Australia I loan my electronic timers to other clubs and all they have to do is buy me a pack of batteries !!!!  Granted I am at every trial in Australia and transport the timers myself
Shirlene Clark
Australia

Lindsey Cooper

• Trial Secretary
    • Mountain Dog Sports
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 09:05:30 AM »
Most clubs in CO have their own timers now. When I first started trials, I rented them for $50/day and had to buy the batteries and was in charge of picking them up and dropping them off.

Now I own the full-curtain timers and if people want to rent them, it's $50/day. The renter is responsible for batteries and transportation to/from the trial (if I'm not attending the trial)

Since NADAC isn't the most popular venue in CO, I'm more likely to rent hoops and tunnels to clubs! :)

Lindsey
www.mountaindogsports.com