Author Topic: Gamblers Scoring  (Read 407 times)

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
Gamblers Scoring
« on: August 10, 2020, 07:18:32 AM »
Question - Do obstacles within the "gamble" portion of the course also also count toward the total?  Example:  Say the gamble is hoop A-frame, jump and the dog successfully completes the gamble, the total points for that portion of the course would be 27, correct?
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Patty LeRoy

• Judge
Re: Gamblers Scoring
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 07:23:07 AM »
That is correct Linda.  They do count towards the total.
Patty LeRoy
Alberta, Canada

ricbonner

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 11:54:26 AM »
The obstacles in the gamble are scored like any other obstacle.  This means that all conditions apply.  So in that example of a gamble with hoop, a-frame, jump - assuming correct obstacle performance - the hoop is 1 point, assuming the dog has performed less than 10 total hoops and jumps to that point, the a-frame is worth 5 assuming the dog has not already performed the a-frame twice, and the jump is worth 1 - again assuming the dog has not already performed 10 jumps/hoops.

The most common situation I see is dogs take a few tunnels, then enter a gamble containg a tunnel and do not earn points for the tunnel in the gamble because they reached the tunnel score limit before then.  They can still earn the gamble and qualify without the gamble tunnel points.

The point is that obstacles in the gamble are not treated differently.  They can still earn points and still count towards the max count of each obstacle type.

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 01:33:18 PM »
The obstacles in the gamble are scored like any other obstacle.  This means that all conditions apply.  So in that example of a gamble with hoop, a-frame, jump - assuming correct obstacle performance - the hoop is 1 point, assuming the dog has performed less than 10 total hoops and jumps to that point, the a-frame is worth 5 assuming the dog has not already performed the a-frame twice, and the jump is worth 1 - again assuming the dog has not already performed 10 jumps/hoops.

The most common situation I see is dogs take a few tunnels, then enter a gamble containg a tunnel and do not earn points for the tunnel in the gamble because they reached the tunnel score limit before then.  They can still earn the gamble and qualify without the gamble tunnel points.

The point is that obstacles in the gamble are not treated differently.  They can still earn points and still count towards the max count of each obstacle type.
Hadn't thought of that example.  I figured out what happened to me.  I was over the limit on hoops and jumps.  Still got a Q.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!