Author Topic: 2021 NADAC Updates  (Read 2983 times)

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
  • Fluid Motion Agility-For the Athlete in Your Dog!
    • Fluid Motion Agility
2021 NADAC Updates
« on: January 11, 2021, 07:26:51 PM »
Hi everyone!

Below is a 2021 NADAC update video!

**EDITS**

Plastic jumps will NOT be required for VT submissions.

Tunnels that are straight will not need to be double bagged in the Tunnelers class only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:13:26 AM by Amanda Nelson »
Amanda Nelson
Online Classes and Private Lessons available!
--
For the Athlete in Your Dog!
www.fluidmotionagility.com

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
Re: 2021 NADAC Updates
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 06:19:10 AM »
Just finished watching the video.  Great work!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you for the VT program and especially the small space courses! 
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Lisa Schmit In The Zone Agility

• Trial Secretary
    • In The Zone Agility
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 06:37:31 AM »
Is the 8 bag rule on 15 foot tunnels required for tunnelers as well?  Most tunnels courses use 9 tunnels.
So clubs would need at least 72 bags for tunnelers?   This would be a HUGE burden on clubs as to not only have that many tunnel bags, but to fill and carry that many bags.    We are all getting older and lugging tunnel bags is increasingly getting more difficult.

I don't mind having to bag tunnels on other courses with that many bags, but to have to carry at least 72 bags is huge and I doubt that people are going to help carry so many bags.
Since I started having trials over 15 years ago, we have never double bagged every single tunnel in tunnelers.  we double bag the tunnels that need it.    usually the first and last tunnels don't need to be double bagged and there are usually some other tunnels that are only taken once and are straight that don't need it.
So I am respectfully asking that this at least 8 bag rule not apply to tunnelers as it will physically be extremely difficult to bag so many tunnels.
Thanks
Lisa

Be Well & Happy
In The Zone Agility
www.inthezoneagility.com
Agility and Conditioning Seminars/Online Training Classes

danforth

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 08:19:31 AM »
When does the new bagging rules get implemented?  Right away?  June?
Isabel and Cocoa

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 09:38:48 AM »
ooof that is a ton of tunnel bags....I agree with Lisa, what about straight tunnels? Or start/ends that often taken only once? I feel like it's a bit an over reaction. It makes sense to bag heavier curved tunnels better. But straight/almost straight ones shouldn't be such an issue.

eta: finished the video
THANK YOU for putting it on youtube and clicking the little 'allow auto cc' - as a HOH person I appreciate the inclusivity. It buggers up a little (apparently it is spelled Nadak, haha!) but mostly understandable :) And your face being visible in real time helps too - something I've learned as all the conferences have gone online this year that really helps.
I appreciate how clearly ya'all communicate with everyone and keeping us updated. Excited for potential more ribbon/trinket (maybe like what UpDog does?) options for VT.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:08:02 AM by Edraith »
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

RobertStewart

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 09:50:39 AM »
Hi everyone!

Below is a 2021 NADAC update video!

Thanks so much for the update!
Robert Stewart
NATCH-4 Sidheag, PAX, MXP3, MXJP3, MFP, APD

Wynndzor, ECC, OJC, EAC, TG-E, S-TN-E, WV-E, BR-E, HP-O AX, AXJ, AXF

At the Bridge
NATCH-12, V-NATCH-11, AA-NATCH-4, MACH-2, PACH, ADCH/LAA, Platinum, PDCH-Bronze, Rocket Man
NATCH-4  MACH PDCH Brnz Ellie
NATCH-4  Misty Leigh
NATCH-4  "Q!"

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
    • Fluid Motion Agility
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 10:12:12 AM »
I chatted with Chris this morning and we can amend the rule for tunnelers that straight tunnels will not need to be double bagged. I will edit this post, and he will update the equipment guidelines as well. :-)

Thank you!
Amanda

Is the 8 bag rule on 15 foot tunnels required for tunnelers as well?  Most tunnels courses use 9 tunnels.
So clubs would need at least 72 bags for tunnelers?   This would be a HUGE burden on clubs as to not only have that many tunnel bags, but to fill and carry that many bags.    We are all getting older and lugging tunnel bags is increasingly getting more difficult.

I don't mind having to bag tunnels on other courses with that many bags, but to have to carry at least 72 bags is huge and I doubt that people are going to help carry so many bags.
Since I started having trials over 15 years ago, we have never double bagged every single tunnel in tunnelers.  we double bag the tunnels that need it.    usually the first and last tunnels don't need to be double bagged and there are usually some other tunnels that are only taken once and are straight that don't need it.
So I am respectfully asking that this at least 8 bag rule not apply to tunnelers as it will physically be extremely difficult to bag so many tunnels.
Thanks
Lisa
Amanda Nelson
--

KarissaKS

• Agility Acres Dog Training
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 10:32:38 AM »
As a person who has dogs who move tunnels, I will point out that even if the tunnel itself is straight, if it is approached from an angle then it should have more bags. Otherwise what happens is the dog enters the tunnel banking off that first set of bags and then hits the moveable tunnel. A straight tunnel with only one set of bags on each end quickly turns into a curved tunnel with my dogs. We often see straight tunnels in the middle of a course that are approached from a variety of angles and I would hate to see these tunnels with only one set of bags on each end.

As much as I enjoy running tunnelers, I often see it as an injury waiting to happen due to inadequately bagged tunnels.
V-NATCH2/NATCH5 Luke, V-NATCH3/NATCH4 PACH Kaiser, NATCH MACH2 PACH Secret, Kizzy, NATCH/ADCH Jedi & Ren

http://www.youtube.com/user/SarMoniet
http://agilityacrestn.com/

Amanda Nelson

• Fluid Motion Agility
  • Judge
    • Fluid Motion Agility
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2021, 10:45:52 AM »
As a person who has dogs who move tunnels, I will point out that even if the tunnel itself is straight, if it is approached from an angle then it should have more bags. Otherwise what happens is the dog enters the tunnel banking off that first set of bags and then hits the moveable tunnel. A straight tunnel with only one set of bags on each end quickly turns into a curved tunnel with my dogs. We often see straight tunnels in the middle of a course that are approached from a variety of angles and I would hate to see these tunnels with only one set of bags on each end.

As much as I enjoy running tunnelers, I often see it as an injury waiting to happen due to inadequately bagged tunnels.
You are correct, that will be adjusted on the equipment guidelines, straight tunnels from a straight approach. I got a little hasty in my post edits! Sorry!
Amanda

Amanda Nelson
--

John H. Gooldy

• 4 Paws Embroidery
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2021, 11:08:19 AM »
Glad to see these rules changing for tunnel bagging. Thinks it a positive move in the right direction. Have seen those powerful dogs scoot those tunnels all over the place and just glad I havenít seen any really serious injuries.
John and Ida Gooldy
4 Paws Embroidery

Becky

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 12:06:24 PM »
I've noticed a few things:

1. There is another location on the website where equipment specs are listed (on the "Club Resources" page, at the bottom there is a link to "NADAC Equipment Specifications" under "Rules & Official Handbooks"), and it doesn't match what is in the new document.  I noticed that at least the weave pole heights and the barrel sizes don't match, but there could be other mismatches.

2. According to the new equipment spec sheet, the barrels have changed size.  The spec used to say 22"-28" in diameter and 24"-42" tall (and in fact, the other spec location still says that), and the new spec says 23"-27" in diameter and at least 28" tall.  The barrels I just purchased for use in VT do not meet these new specs, they were at the minimums before.

3. The picture of the hoop is missing from the document.

4. The Non-winged jump specification still lists wood as an option for the jump bars and says the jump supports may be constructed of any solid material, but I thought in the video you said everything must be plastic.  Can you clarify?

5. Most places I've trialed, the line on the contact zones has been a stripe of yellow tape, not white as is listed in the new spec sheet.  Is this acceptable?

Becky
Becky in NC

ldrenten

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2021, 01:45:39 PM »
Thank you Chris great job i took notes for our club sounds good to me all updates stay safe hope all is well