Author Topic: Possible Forum malfunction?  (Read 2015 times)

Jean Sather (McCreight)

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
Possible Forum malfunction?
« on: December 25, 2020, 03:42:54 PM »
Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else.  Several times in the past week (including just now) I'll check the forum and see 2-3 unread messages.  I open the first one to read it.  Then go back to unread messages to read the next one, and there are NO unread posts.  The other(s) are no longer showing up as unread.  And I can't remember what the thread name was they are in, so I don't even know where to go looking for them.

This has only been happening to me recently, maybe the past week or so.  I'm reading the Forum through Google browser on a Windows laptop.

Is it just me?

Merry Christmas, everyone.
Jean & Tux
Montana

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
Re: Possible Forum malfunction?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 03:53:03 PM »
It does that to me sometimes if I don't reload the page. (Same mix - Chrome on Windows laptop) Make sure you are reloading and not just using forward/back buttons.
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 10:11:57 AM »
This may help you.  I always open each message in a new tab.  That way I can just tab back to the original list.
Linda Anderson
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Richard Wolfe

• The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 11:30:33 AM »
I'm on a laptop using Chrome.  After I read a message, I scroll back to the top and click "Show unread posts..."  Haven't had any problems lately.  If it doesn't show any, I can also click on "Click here to try all unread topics.  Occasionally, one will pop up.  I have not had any recent issues at all.
Richard Wolfe
Rumor and Raven, newbie Bumper, in training.
Sparkle HOF and Rowdy, Gold Achievement Cup, both waiting at the Bridge

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 12:21:57 PM »
Mean- I have been having the same issue on both my computer and phone.  I have no idea why and it is a recent thing
Mary P.

Jean Sather (McCreight)

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 05:37:02 AM »
Well, I appreciate the various suggestions.

Whatever the issue was, this morning it was "back to business as usual" for me, and I haven't changed anything about how I've been reading the Forum for years.  Maybe Santa Claus fixed it .....  :D
Jean & Tux
Montana