Author Topic: 20 Foot Tunnel Frustration  (Read 1212 times)

Sarah Fix

• Judge
20 Foot Tunnel Frustration
« on: February 01, 2021, 07:27:23 AM »
After a weekend of watching our judge battle our "20" foot tunnel trying to stretch it out under the dog walk, I'm wondering if there's any place to order a tunnel that is manufactured to be maybe 22'.  After several months of being stacked under other tunnels in the trailer and the cold temperatures - and the fact that it's never been truly 20', there was a real problem making it work right .  Is there anywhere to order a custom tunnel that's just a little longer?
Sarah Fix
Breeze,Razz,Boogie & Jinks

Sarah Fix

• Judge
Re: 20 Foot Tunnel Frustration
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 09:12:59 AM »
I think one of the problems is that many of the companies only sell in metric so the closest thing is 6 meters which is about 19.68 feet.  Just noticed that our Naylor tunnel from Clean Run is 5 meters which is actually 16.4 feet instead of 15'.  Hadn't really paid attention until we were building a tunnel serpentine.
Sarah Fix
Breeze,Razz,Boogie & Jinks

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 10:44:00 AM »
I have been struggling with this as well.

I've been wanting to see what everyone thinks of the Naylor tunnels because I would prefer to have the 16.4 foot.  Especially when doing something like setting it straight next to an a-frame.   The tunnels I have are a bit shorter then 15', and setting them straight next to a tunnel is really hard or impossible depending on the direction it's taken, since one end is recessed behind the ramp.

I would much prefer 16.4 for the '15' tunnels and 21' for the '20's.     Then just adjust yardage as needed

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 10:56:03 AM »

I've been wanting to see what everyone thinks of the Naylor tunnels because I would prefer to have the 16.4 foot.  Especially when doing something like setting it straight next to an a-frame.   The tunnels I have are a bit shorter then 15', and setting them straight next to a tunnel is really hard or impossible depending on the direction it's taken, since one end is recessed behind the ramp.

I would much prefer 16.4 for the '15' tunnels and 21' for the '20's.     Then just adjust yardage as needed

Where do you find 21' tunnels?  Or did you just meant that's what you'd like to see - but at this time not available?
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 10:09:49 AM »

Where do you find 21' tunnels?  Or did you just meant that's what you'd like to see - but at this time not available?

That is what I would like to see.
Sadly most of my 20' tunnels are more like 19'.   Which really compounds the problem

David Tharle

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 02:13:49 PM »
Unfortunately some companies seem to be cheating it, perhaps like plastic tarps where they advertise the size of the material they start with and then you need to read the fine print to see the "Finished Size".  Found a set of tunnels last year that I doubt a Clydesdale on both ends could have made 14' and were pretty much 13'6" working length. The club bought them as 15s and never really measured them.
Dave Tharle
Ardmore, AB

Donna & Gracie

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 01:07:38 AM »
I have bought tunnels from both Schaumburg and NTI and none of my tunnels measure to correct length. I have questioned the companyís and I get told they need time to relax and stretch. So, not much help. I just assumed thatís the overal standard. I have experienced some of the Nylor tunnels at trials but my pups seem to slip in them more so Iím not ready to invest in them. Just my personal experiences.
Luv my mini aussie
Donna & Gracie