Author Topic: Hoopers Program - Timing of Potential Changes  (Read 1675 times)

arne

  • **
  • Posts: 43
Hoopers Program - Timing of Potential Changes
« on: February 01, 2021, 11:40:30 AM »
There was a recent survey about possibly combining Hoopers and Barrelers.  If the change were to occur how long would Hoopers and Barrelers courses be available both for trials and VTs?  I am trying to decide if I should start down the road for my dog's next all-around.  If the time is too short, I do not want to end up with a bunch of stranded Qs that I cannot apply toward a NATCH.

Arne Lindberg

Linda W. Anderson

  • Trial Secretary
  • *****
  • Posts: 1291
Re: Hoopers Program - Timing of Potential Changes
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 12:22:46 PM »
There was a recent survey about possibly combining Hoopers and Barrelers.  If the change were to occur how long would Hoopers and Barrelers courses be available both for trials and VTs?  I am trying to decide if I should start down the road for my dog's next all-around.  If the time is too short, I do not want to end up with a bunch of stranded Qs that I cannot apply toward a NATCH.

Arne Lindberg
On this same thread, how will points short of NATCHes be dealt with?  Combined or just lost
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

JimmyS.

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 371
Re: Hoopers Program - Timing of Potential Changes
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 07:56:52 PM »
We have not had a meeting yet (we live 5 hours apart) about the results of the survey so I am not even sure on the verdict just yet, but I can answer a few things.

1. The very earliest there would be a change would be June but likely it would wait until Jan. 2022.

2. Points would never be waisted. If the classes combine, the points would too in some sort of fashion. Most likely, only from the date the change takes place though, not back dated.

The thought of combining them is pretty fresh and the survey was intended to make the decision of, "do we continue looking into combining them or does everyone want to keep them separate?" so depending on the outcome, we will have to take a little time to work out the logistics of points, rules, etc.
If the survey shows a clear opinion to combine them, we will work to get an update out ASAP. :)

arne

  • **
  • Posts: 43
Re: Hoopers Program - Timing of Potential Changes
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 11:55:26 AM »
Thank you Jimmy.  That's all I was looking for at this point.  That answers all my questions.

Arne