Author Topic: website redux  (Read 1109 times)

Lynn Broderick

• Trial Secretary
  • "Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone"
    • www.petworksbuffalo.com
website redux
« on: March 03, 2021, 01:19:19 PM »
Hi- the new format of the NADAC website looks great!

I do have one little thing though- maybe it's just me- but on my two laptop screens the drop-down menu for Train & Play is so long that I can't see or click on the VT Runs option. Any way to get that to scroll up, or go to two columns? 

On my bigger desktop screen I could get to it, but no on the laptop, which is where I need it most.

Lynn
Lynn Broderick
Up and Over Dog Sports & Four Seasons Agility Club
and Team Agileblur- Amber, Maverick, and Riley (at the Bridge)

mephalon

• Trial Secretary
Re: website redux
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 01:33:31 PM »
Not just you- I have the same issue
Mary P.

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 01:50:22 PM »
Me, too!  Barely got the bottom option, view runs.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Richard Wolfe

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • The line is not your friend, do not hug the line!!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 01:57:21 PM »
I had the same problem.  Pretty sure that can be fixed.  But for the present, I just zoomed out a bit, clicked what I could then see and then zoomed back in to read it.
Richard Wolfe
Rumor and Raven, newbie Bumper, in training.
Sparkle HOF and Rowdy, Gold Achievement Cup, both waiting at the Bridge

dogrsqr

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 02:31:01 PM »
The drop down isn't working at all on my iPhone

Gina Pizzo

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 06:55:16 PM »
Same here.  I just made the screen text much smaller until I could "grab" the menu I wanted.  But that would be a pain long time.  Though I have to say it was the same way when the menus were at the top.  I could get to the VT main menu, but couldn't get down to the bottom of the sub menus.
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

danforth

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 07:26:03 PM »
For once my Kindle is doing good.  I just click on the menu and scroll down to what I want.
Isabel and Cocoa

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 06:43:25 AM »
I'm having the same problem. 

Sara
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
Blaze, Rocket & Dancer

At The Bridge:  NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane & Mac

arne

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 07:19:25 PM »

I see the same issue on my screen.  As a work around, when I double click on "Video Runs" though all the options show up on the summary page and I can navigate from there.

Arne Lindberg

Salli Dulco

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 01:13:56 AM »
The drop down isn't working at all on my iPhone

Gina Pizzo

Hi Gina... I had to switch my iPhone to Private Browsing to get the dropdown list to work. I think my husbandís iPhone worked fine in the regular browsing mode in Safari Try switching your Safari to Private Browsing to see if the drop down menu works.

Salli Dulco
Salli Dulco

Lynn Broderick

• Trial Secretary
  • "Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone"
    • www.petworksbuffalo.com
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2021, 03:14:03 PM »
EDIT: just found the zoom - or + on my desktop. Thanks!

Where else do you seen "Video Runs" that you can double click?  I can't even see it.
Actually now having the problem on the big screen on the desktop as well.

And those of you who are zooming out- how do you do that on a PC?  I can't print maps or submit from my phone- gotta be the laptop or desktop.

Lynn

I see the same issue on my screen.  As a work around, when I double click on "Video Runs" though all the options show up on the summary page and I can navigate from there.

Arne Lindberg
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 03:22:37 PM by Lynn Broderick »
Lynn Broderick
Up and Over Dog Sports & Four Seasons Agility Club
and Team Agileblur- Amber, Maverick, and Riley (at the Bridge)

Jean Sather (McCreight)

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2021, 03:48:32 PM »
Lynn, if you move your cursor down the menu on the left side -- when you get to "Train and Play" a menu should appear to the right of that.  "Video Runs" is at the bottom of that menu on my laptop screen.  If you can't see down that far, try the Ctrl- combination (Ctrl key and the "-" key at the same time) to reduce text size on your screen and it should show up.  I just click once on that "Video Runs" submenu, it opens up the Video Runs Program screen and if you scroll down through that you should be able to find the rest of what you need.

Hope this helps.
Jean & Tux
Montana

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2021, 04:17:51 PM »
Lynn, if you move your cursor down the menu on the left side -- when you get to "Train and Play" a menu should appear to the right of that.  "Video Runs" is at the bottom of that menu on my laptop screen.  If you can't see down that far, try the Ctrl- combination (Ctrl key and the "-" key at the same time) to reduce text size on your screen and it should show up.  I just click once on that "Video Runs" submenu, it opens up the Video Runs Program screen and if you scroll down through that you should be able to find the rest of what you need.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, Jean!  This worked for me.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2021, 05:42:57 PM »
Yeah...the new design is...not great impo
I have to reduce to 80% to make the text pretty durn small even my young eyes once into the sub-categories, and my laptop is only 2 years old - this isn't ancient!

it does work on safari on my iphone 7 fine

There is a LARGE gap between the *teeny* nadac logo that is almost unreadable even at full size, and the links. If that gap were closed I think it may just be enough to not drop options off the bottom of the page where you cannot click on them

I also recommend making your desktop version have a good size logo, because honestly its pathetic and not intuitive as to what website you are on because of how small it is.

I attached screenshots, normal being thenormal viewing size, tiny being how small i have tomake it to have a chance to see all link options. Current version of Chrome running. (make sure to download to view at true size, browser may be zooming in for viewing ease, if screenshots looks pixilated or fuzzy, it's zoomed in)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 05:45:48 PM by Edraith »
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2021, 11:12:13 AM »
Hey All,

So the 'new' design is just a switch from a top menu to a side menu.

And it's not really what we want either!

We've been having some menu issues as of late, and that change to a side menu was the first attempt at identifying the problem.

Which failed.

So we're hiring someone now to jump in and fix the issue, and the menu bar will go back to the top where we actually want it :)

Shouldn't be more than a couple days