Author Topic: website redux  (Read 3511 times)

Sara Langston

• Trial Secretary
Re: website redux
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2021, 05:54:51 AM »
Yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!  Thanks so much, Chris. 

Sara
Sara Langston, Laughing Dog Agility
The Bridge Creek Boys
Blaze, Rocket & Dancer

At The Bridge:  NATCH3 V-NATCH Kane & Mac

Chris Nelson

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2021, 08:29:51 AM »
Anyone who has been having issues, if you could try again and report back that would be great!

The good news is that we've tried a couple of fixes for things that weren't quite correct.

The bad news is that none of us are able to replicate the issues on our devices, including the new 'fix it' guy.    So we're pretty much shooting in the dark for whether we've actually fixed it or not :)

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2021, 08:57:45 AM »
Below are 2 screenshots from my laptop.  First one you can see that I cannot get down all the way to the bottom of the VT submenu.  For the second one, I made my text a little smaller (one command/- keyboard click) so I can see the bottom. 

I would say it is some better in that I think previously I could see only Course Maps and sometimes the Calculate your runs sub menu.  So I can see a little more now, but still can't see or get to the View Runs menu.
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2021, 07:20:18 PM »
I can see it fine on mine (1980 wide) but I can see the above poster's issue.

Attached a screenshot with suggested solution.

Also - you can see where it overflows the right 'bound' of the main nadac site, and the above person's it overflows a lot more. You should be able to have your web developer contain it to the main page area (ie not overflow to the right) - if it 'would hit' that boundary, it shifts left rather than right (see sketch on my screenshot). It already flows left for data center's sub categories for me, so either it was a) programed to (and you could just also raw program the video run one to flow left instead of right) or b) the bounding area that determines flowing left or right is just off some in that it catches the data center's sub but not the video run one.

It probably has to do with people's exact settings. You can adjust in windows for example to zoom in tighter, especially on the high res screens people do that so things are not teeny tiny (I have mine set on the default 125%). Then within browser there are adjustments, I have mine set at 100% but many folk have it zoomed in there too. You won't allllways solve it for everyone, but if you have a bound so the dropdown menus match the main page bounds that should solve 99.99% I'd think...

</just knows enough to be dangerous, not enough to fix shit>
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2021, 07:25:50 PM »
I may have missunderstood UP's issue, it's off bottom of screen not the right.

Easiest solution: move "video runs" higher in the menu :P then it won't drop down off the screen. Same for 'forms" under the data center.

You can replicate the issue I think they were having on your browser by zooming in within the browser window. (My computer uses ctl + to zoom in within Chrome, probably similar for other browsers). You'll see then how you cannot then scroll to the later selections in the submenu.
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2021, 10:23:55 AM »
I can see it fine on mine (1980 wide) but I can see the above poster's issue.

Attached a screenshot with suggested solution.

Also - you can see where it overflows the right 'bound' of the main nadac site, and the above person's it overflows a lot more. You should be able to have your web developer contain it to the main page area (ie not overflow to the right) - if it 'would hit' that boundary, it shifts left rather than right (see sketch on my screenshot). It already flows left for data center's sub categories for me, so either it was a) programed to (and you could just also raw program the video run one to flow left instead of right) or b) the bounding area that determines flowing left or right is just off some in that it catches the data center's sub but not the video run one.

It probably has to do with people's exact settings. You can adjust in windows for example to zoom in tighter, especially on the high res screens people do that so things are not teeny tiny (I have mine set on the default 125%). Then within browser there are adjustments, I have mine set at 100% but many folk have it zoomed in there too. You won't allllways solve it for everyone, but if you have a bound so the dropdown menus match the main page bounds that should solve 99.99% I'd think...

</just knows enough to be dangerous, not enough to fix shit>

Interesting.  Thanks.  But as a point of reference, my Data sub menus flow right, not left.  Don't know if that means anything or not.
===============

Marcy Matties

• LuvMyDogs
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2021, 10:56:05 AM »
Decided to go look at my zoom settings and what happens with the Data sub menus.  My "For this website" settings were at 115% which is optimal for my eyes.  I changed it to 100% and I can read it but it's not what I prefer.  But at any rate, below are screenshots of what happens with the Data sub menus when Zoom is set to 100%.

The first one is when my window was taking up my whole screen (which I never do).  The second one is when my window is more normal for me -  not entire screen, but only an inch or so gap on each side.

===============

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2021, 04:56:15 PM »
Interesting, marcy!!
For me they flow left when it gets that close.
Maybe they can hard program it to flow left for those.
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith

Lynn Broderick

• Trial Secretary
  • "Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone"
    • www.petworksbuffalo.com
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2021, 02:49:32 PM »
Thanks Chris!

Hey All,

So the 'new' design is just a switch from a top menu to a side menu.

And it's not really what we want either!

We've been having some menu issues as of late, and that change to a side menu was the first attempt at identifying the problem.

Which failed.

So we're hiring someone now to jump in and fix the issue, and the menu bar will go back to the top where we actually want it :)

Shouldn't be more than a couple days
Lynn Broderick
Up and Over Dog Sports & Four Seasons Agility Club
and Team Speed:
Maverick, Quick
Amber and Riley (at the Bridge)