Author Topic: Name for Barrelers/Hoopers Class  (Read 551 times)

philwala

Name for Barrelers/Hoopers Class
« on: March 04, 2021, 04:03:34 PM »
Has any thought been given to a name for the new combined class? There must be something pithier than Barrelers/Hoopers or Hoopers/Barrelers. Something that wouldnít take up as much space on premiums. Something that wouldnít take as much effort to say or type. Something that would roll off the tongue as freely as the names of other classes, like Weavers, or Jumpers.

Anyway, I was thinking about hoops (which are round) and barrels (which are also round, and which the dogs go around), and started to think that Rounders might be an appropriate name. It describes the obstacles (sort of), itís fun to say, and best of all, itís pithy. The more I thought about it, the more I liked it. And it doesn't have any negative connotations that I can think of (even on Urban Dictionary). But there must be other suggestions that would work just as well. Any other ideas?
Phil Wala

NATCH5 V-NATCH3 AA-NATCH3 Skeeter

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
Re: Name for Barrelers/Hoopers Class
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 04:31:13 PM »
I like the idea, but my issue is there's nothing in the name that "names" the main obstacles like Weavers has weaves, tunnelers is all tunnels, etc.  I can't think of a catchy name that would give someone an idea what was actually the main focus of the class.  I'll keep thinking.
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

JimmyS.

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 04:49:30 PM »
This is definitely not official yet, so please nobody think that it is, but in the office so far we have been using the name Grounders because of the all ground work nature of it... the chances of that sticking are pretty good but time will tell.

Marcy Matties

• 2016 Online Seminar Group
  • LuvMyDogs
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 05:06:44 PM »
My favorite choice is the BL from barrelers and the end of hoopers .....  Bloopers ! 😂😂😂
Marcy, Toby, Dublin and Odie
===============
I want to be runnin' when the sand runs out.

philwala

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 07:05:34 PM »
Grounders was actually the name I came up with first, and for the same reason! That's what led me to Rounders.  I think I ended up liking Rounders a little better because it conveyed more of a sense of motion (as in rounding the barrels), whereas Grounders made me think of tripping and planting my face into the ground. Not that I've ever done that. But it's nice to know that you're thinking along the same lines. Grounders and Rounders are equally pithy.  ;D
Phil Wala

NATCH5 V-NATCH3 AA-NATCH3 Skeeter

Salli Dulco

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 01:17:09 AM »
My favorite choice is the BL from barrelers and the end of hoopers .....  Bloopers ! 😂😂😂

I thought the same thing!  LOL!  It is a fun name and fun to watch the different handling styles!!!  And the off courses that we didnít see!  LOL!

Salli Dulco
Salli Dulco

Agile_Elvis

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 09:13:16 AM »

Bloopers - Definitely my favorite choice name of the combined class.  Sounds like something Elivs and I would excel in.   
Sarah & Elvis

Linda W. Anderson

• Trial Secretary
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 10:33:53 AM »

Bloopers - Definitely my favorite choice name of the combined class.  Sounds like something Elivs and I would excel in.
Love this idea!
Linda
Linda W. Anderson - Dogs have only one fault, their lives are too short!

Edraith

• the caving k9
    • Sunguramy Photography
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2021, 03:40:53 PM »
If this were a vote, id vote Bloopers  8) ;D
Amata & Edraith
facebook.com/Edraith