Author Topic: Thanks for using the new forum over Old list  (Read 3366 times)

Sharon Nelson

• Mother NADAC
Re: Thanks for using the new forum over Old list
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 08:42:25 AM »
I too have noticed that the participation on the yahoo list was waning, but it is now increasing now that it is clearwill not go anywhere for awhile. For multiple reasons,I think some people will remain on the yahoo list until it is no longer active.

I don't think that me (or groups of us) urging people to come here would have an impact.  And to me the list or the forum is a method of disseminating information.  Which one is is used does not matter to me, but if one is more efficient and easier for NADAC, that's the one they should use and promote. It would be nice to have only one source of information of dissemination, though.

I would think if the yahoo list has to remain open for whatever reason, a message should redirect new people here.  Better to have them make the change at once, rather than have these 15-20 people a week become used to one system, and then have to move and adapt to a new system.

But it is not my decision or in my power to change.

Sorry, but I do disagree!  With the few that went from this forum to the list and sent a "come on over" message, we saw more of the new people from the Yahoo group come to the forum than any previous week.  It shows that positive will be helpful and to sit on the forum and be angry at those on the Yahoo group is not helpful.

We have seen nothing on the Yahoo list that isn't also posted here..... so people should just set the Yahoo group to "no email" or unsubscribe to the Yahoo list if it is bothersome to see posts on the Yahoo group!  Then it won't irritate people!

Sharon
Sharon
In-Sync-Agility

Re: Thanks for using the new forum over Old list
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 10:17:24 PM »

Sorry, but I do disagree!  With the few that went from this forum to the list and sent a "come on over" message, we saw more of the new people from the Yahoo group come to the forum than any previous week.  It shows that positive will be helpful and to sit on the forum and be angry at those on the Yahoo group is not helpful.

We have seen nothing on the Yahoo list that isn't also posted here..... so people should just set the Yahoo group to "no email" or unsubscribe to the Yahoo list if it is bothersome to see posts on the Yahoo group!  Then it won't irritate people!

Sharon

Sorry if I made it sound as if I was angry at those still on the Yahoo group.  I certainly am not---in fact, I understand why there are probably reasons they won't migrate to the forum.  And it doesn't bother me to see the Yahoo list either.  It's not an issue I see any reason to get upset over.

I do think it is not the most efficient way to do things, and creates more work for you when you already have a large workload. JMHO
Sheila & the Shelties